Officer position is responsible for a variety of functions:
- Protects citizens and property by enforcing ordinances, monitoring properties, and monitoring traffic.
- Property monitoring – Responsible for monitoring activities on Port property, interacting with guests and property users, and alerting authorities of activities as needed. Ensures buildings are locked, keys are secure, and facility use is with proper permit.
- Documents observations and alerts proper authorities as situations require.
- Ordinance enforcement – enforces parking and other ordinances. Utilizes mobile technology applications to monitor park use. Ensures adherence to any state rules. Keeps accurate records. Attends court hearings as needed.
- Maintains great working relationships with law enforcement agencies.
- Acts as a community resource, providing information, directing vehicle and foot traffic.
- Customer Service – provides customer service in person and via telephone.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
- Serves as relief for other positions.
- Maintains vehicle(s), keeps fueled and in good order.
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Computer savvy – will need to quickly learn several systems
- Great customer service
- Accurate record keeping and incident reporting
- Good judgement and decision making
- 3 years of experience
- DPSST (must be certified within 90 days of hire)
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and otherwise flexible shifts
- Familiarity with fishing, boating, launch rules
- Associate’s degree
- Columbia River Gorge attractions and their location or the aptitude to quickly acquire such knowledge
To apply, please fill out the questionnaire below: