Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Seasonal, Full Time Employee
$13.50 to $15.00 per hour
To perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the maintenance and repair of Port facilities including parks, marina, industrial park, bridge, vehicles, and buildings.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Positions at the Seasonal Maintenance Worker level work under the close supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: May include, but not limited to, the following:
- Janitorial: Cleans urinals, toilets and showers in park restrooms; empties garbage cans; mops restroom floors; replenishes paper towels and toilet paper; performs other building janitorial duties.
- Landscaping: Mows, weed eats, sprays herbicides, spreads fertilizers, waters, plants, prunes, and general landscaping and maintains underground irrigation system.
- Carpentry and operates power and manual hand tools, riding mowers, and pick-up.
- Flags vehicles during maintenance work on the bridge; directs park visitor traffic during periods of high traffic levels.
Must be able to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools for the purpose of performing skilled maintenance repair and construction tasks.
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion and according to instructions.
- Work independently, with instruction or direction required only for new assignments for when unusually complex problems are encountered.
Satisfactory completion of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Must also have a valid Oregon or Washington driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires stamina and strength to perform physical labor on a regular basis. Requires occasional standing and walking for long periods. Requires frequent bending, crouching, kneeling, stooping, reaching and crawling. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires climbing and balancing at time.
Work is sometimes performed under conditions that expose employee to excessive heat, cold and wetness. Involves some exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, and oil and grease.
Work is performed on slippery, uneven and steep surfaces at times and in the proximity of moving equipment. Work is often preformed at heights.
Work involves a definable safety hazards and does require use of safety equipment at times.
Works involves irregular work hours, including evening and weekend work, and irregular rest and meal periods. Work may be required to be on call any time of day or night.
To apply, please fill out the form below: