Full Time Employee
Salary range: Negotiable $55,000 to $65,000
General Description of Duties: Operations Manager works directly with the General Manager (GM) and oversees the operations of several functions of the Port: tolling operations, bridge preservation, administration office, marina, campground, tenant management, and other general operations of the Port.
The Operations Manager conducts analyses for current operations and future projects, produces appropriate reports, proformas, and recommendations to General Manager. Works with General Manager to draft recommended policies and implement policies approved by the commission.
Responsible for effective operations of assigned functions. Manages, trains, and supports staff. Conducts performance reviews and makes recommendations for hiring and terminating staff. Leads excellent customer service through policies, training, and culture.
Essential Job Elements:
- Oversee the operation of the bridge, toll booth, marina, campground, events, maintenace, main office, and/or other areas of the Port as assigned.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate employees.
- Project a positive image as a port employee to the local public, state and federal agencies and elected officials.
- Annually review insurance coverage and work with Accounting to renew coverage.
- Ensure that the 15-year plan is revised and fully implemented. Work with bridge engineer and coordinate all contracts for preservation and maintenance services regarding the BOG.
- Conduct or coordinate regular safety inspections to ensure that the BOG and all related facilities are safe for employees and the general public.
- Manage tenant relations and leases.
- Maintain appropriate operational manuals.
- Communicate effectively with team members, commission, and the larger community.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with ODOT, WSDOT and RTC.
- Maintain Information Technology contract and software.
- Keep the organization and staff focused on the priorities of the Port Commission and being receptive to new opportunities as they arise. Assist all department heads to be successful.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Lead staff development activities.
- Develop analyses, proformas and other work to assist to enhance the efficiency and optimal program delivery and help make decisions about future projects.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned as necessary to achieve the goals of the Port and community of Cascade Locks.
- Working for a port or similar organization.
- Working and collaborating with others to benefit the community. Maintaining positive and effective working relationships with other local governments.
- Ability to analyze and improve port operations through problem solving.
- Working in a small community environment.
- A willingness to assist, help, and guide commissioners of the port.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Have a working knowledge of finance, personnel, purchasing, and operations.
- To lead and encourage staff to higher levels of achievement.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Suite software.
Education and Work Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervision, preferably in a Port.